Monday, March 30, 2009

Perfect Hostess

Bunny sits on her desk.
He tells the time and gives the forecast.
In Portland he normally says, "Rain."


If I had a Bunny our Bunnies would be ear friends.
I need a Bunny.





The four of us played cribbage after supper each night.
Little Red won the tourney.
She long ago won our hearts.




We planted an indoor herb garden together.
The chives took right off.


The boys planted strawberries in planter boxes

for the patio.

I hope they get enough sun.











Since it rained while we were at Lake Quinault we were not able to take our sketch books into the forest and do our watercolors. My daughter knew I was a little disappointed. Lake Quinault Lodge has a water color class on Saturdays. We would not be there for it since we had to leave on Tuesday. No worries, my daughter gave a water color class for just the two of us at her

kitchen table!





She knows all about watercolors.


She taught me the joy of letting go of the outcome and enjoying the process.
I need a set of watercolor pencils.







While our pages dried we went to the yarn shop. We both want to learn to knit. Even though we are 1,500 miles away from each other we both can learn to knit! We can chat about knit one and pearl two. We can both knit a scarf.


I was fascinated with her moss.


She is fascinated with the slugs that call her backyard home.





We are careful not to step on a slug!




I finished my book about the Pacific Northwest. I left it for her library.

She loaned me a book for the plane from her stacks.




Flowers filled her rooms with light.


She filled my heart with joy.


Thank you for a wonderful time in Portland, Oregon!


"Knit one, pearl two...ear friend."


I miss you dear Daughter!


2 comments:

Sprite said...

*****
Sherry Dearheart,

I just love the creativity that flows from you and your dear daughter. I know you must miss her so much, I wish you two could be closer in proximity. I still love that bunny. I would like to get one too, maybe when I move to MI.

Thinking about you today and sending you lots of love,

*sprite

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
The Bunnies are so fun! I hope you do get one. I still need to get a wireless connection. One of these days...having a bunny would be very fun.
It is 100% delightful being with my daughter.
Thank you for holding me near. I am missing her!
Hugs,
Sherry