Sunday, September 2, 2007

Hiking

We took two different trails on our first afternoon in the rain forest.
Our 3.2 mile hike was an easy walk in the woods.

We were slow and deliberate as we studied the undergrowth.
We began to see the relationships of ferns, fungi, moss and trees.
The waterfalls provided humidity but the air was cool.
High in the canopy we could hear the birds.
The sun was shining. The play of light and shadow was magical.

I came to listen to the forest.
I came to smell the forest floor.
I came to honor.


4 comments:

Sprite said...

*****

Dearest Sherry,

I can hear the forest through your beautiful words, thank you. The plant life is marvelous, and the smells delightful.

Thank you for taking time to share such a beautiful experience. I am honored.

Much love,

*sprite

Q said...

My dear Sprite,
You love the forest as I do. I could find a deep hollow and rest for many years. There are many who share our love of the forests. We just need to remind people that the health of Mother Earth is in her oceans and in her forests. We need to be mindful.
Thank you for caring about the old growth trees.
Our health is directly connected to the health of our planet.
Cheers to good health,
I am dreaming like the trees,
Sherry

Mary said...

Oh, I can feel it. I'm with you here.

Q said...

Dear Mary,
You would love the temperate rain forest. It is so quiet and full of whispers. The sounds of all the waterfalls and running streams was magical.
I loved being in the forests.
Sherry